Sunday, June 23, 2013

meeska, mooska, Mickey Mouse... Van's party was a success!

It's crazy to think that our children go from this:
to this:
SO FAST!! My little Van turned 3 on the 20th, and how I've loved watching him grow in so many ways. I love watching his little mind work, and to hear all the sentences he comes up with on his own. He amazes me everyday. He has his moments of tantrum-throwing episodes, don't get me wrong, but for the most part, he is a sweet, thoughtful, loving boy. I hope it lasts his whole life! 
On his actual birthday, Thursday, we had him open up presents from us and the grandparents in the morning, we went to Gecko Grill for dinner that night, and had him blow out the candles on his cake once we got home... (yes, he's wearing his goggles AND spiderman mask)
After blowing his candles out, he asked if we could eat the cake, to which we of course replied, "yes"... but before I could even grab a knife to cut it, his face took a dive straight for the cake! It made for some great laughs! 

 On Saturday we had his long-anticipated-for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday Party! Cousins and friends came over to enjoy swimming, lunch, games, prizes, and cake (in the form of cupcakes and cake pops)
Fishing for Gooey Fish:
Pin the bow on Minnie:
Toss the ball to Pluto:
Van's favorite prize were the medals :)
 After throwing Lindsay's baby shower in April, and doing this party for Van, I've realized that I LOVE throwing parties, especially the decorating part! I'm happy how everything turned out, but most importantly that Van had such a great time! Thanks for the nieces that came to help run the games, and for all who came to celebrate with us... Van did not want it to end! Happy 3rd Birthday, sweet boy!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow those first two pics are crazy! He is still my cutest boy. I love him so much! The decorations are perf. You're such a great mommy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sterling had so much fun! I love how you displayed all those pictures of Van so cute! What an amazing party!

    ReplyDelete