Saturday, September 11, 2010

Meet and Greet... and other thoughts

On Sunday, September 5th, we blessed Van (pictures to come)... My 2 brothers, Taylor and Brad, were able to be here for it, and it was also the first time they got to meet Van.
Uncle Brad with baby Van... Bradley has been switching back and forth between BYU Hawaii for a semester, to an internship (for smarty whiz kids basically) back East for a semester... Washington D.C. Area. He was on his way back to BYU Hawaii and was able to stop by Arizona to be with family and of course see baby Van for the first time.

Tay with Van for the first time... Uncle Taylor is in the Navy (special ops) stationed back East. He had a little break last weekend and was able to be here for the blessing.

I have always been grateful for the men and women who serve our country, but until Taylor joined, I never had a DEEP appreciation and love for them, and now I do. Ever since someone close to me joined the Military, I've gained a sense of pride (hopefully in a good way), and my heart has become much more tender towards others serving as well. When people pray for those serving, it has a whole new meaning for me because they're praying for MY brother. I guess since today is September 11th, I wanted to take the time to express these thoughts I have for my brother, as well as the other men and women who serve. I love Taylor! He is amazing for doing what he is doing. Even though I get scared for him sometimes, I know he is being watched over, and has many people praying for his safety. Thanks for doing what you do Tay! Love you...

No comments:

Post a Comment