Last weekend we drove to California for one of my good friend's wedding.
Blanket? check! Juice? check! Lenny Lamb? check! Dad's camo mask??? check, I guess!

The first thing Van decides to do when we get to the hotel is this:
Awesome, he can climb out of the crib!
On Friday night, we went to a Hicken family party with some of Ryan's cousins. It was fun to see family we haven't seen in awhile, and for me, some I've never met before!
Saturday I spent the day reminiscing, driving around the area I grew up in. We grabbed some lunch from the deli at Wolfe's Marketplace, then headed to one of the parks I used to play at growing up. We ate lunch there, and then let Van play. Afterwards, we drove by the house I grew up in...
Then we headed to my friend, Jenny's house. We visited there for awhile before leaving for the wedding. We dropped Van off at the Jackson's... I used to babysit for them, and now they babysat for me, so funny :) I love this family, and I'm glad we got to see them and do some catching up! Here's Robin and Jack on their special day... congrats guys!


Sunday we went to church, and I got to see and visit with several people from my old ward. This whole weekend I was getting so excited for Monday, the day we were going to take Van to Disneyland!! I could not wait! After getting ready for the day, we walked outside to grab breakfast, only to discover a downpour of rain! BOO!! Saying I was upset is a bit of an understatement... I was so bummed! I guess Van will have to wait for that experience a little longer. But even without a fun-filled day at Disneyland, Van was still exhausted from our little weekend...




No comments:
Post a Comment