Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Valentines… I mean, Merry Christmas!

I should be writing about Valentine's Day, but unfortunately I'm still trying to get caught up, so here's the month of December:
 First, we made the crazy decision to quickly move into my parents' home while they are still on their mission (we had one week to move out of our house)! 
because of the move, this was all the decorating I did: our wrapped gifts, a tiny Christmas tree, a mr. potato head nose to transform the deer head into Rudolph, and of course Elf Elf visited everyday :)
We have LOVED going to the parks nearby my parents' house, one of the boys favorite activities to do!
We escaped up to Pinedale for the Baptism of Kaja.  It was a nice little getaway, and the boys enjoyed playing in (and eating) the snow at Mamaw and Papa Hicken's cabin. 
Sunday before Christmas:
Chealsey moved to Arizona to live with us for a bit, and so she got to join in on the Christmas festivities with the Hicken family this year!
Thanks to my good friends, the Hoopers, Santa came to visit us that night. This is my favorite sequence of pictures from the evening: Tye on Santa's lap, screaming bloody murder… that is until Santa offers him a candy cane.  That boy is always happy if he is eating!
Nativity (Van as a donkey)
All Van asked for for Christmas this year was the Bucky ship from Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Super Hero costumes.
He plays with this ship everyday, and dresses up as a super hero at least 5 times a week, so I think it's safe to say that this was a successful Christmas!  I love seeing the joy in my children's eyes as they open their gifts, as they gave gifts to their cousins, their dad and to each other, as we talked about baby Jesus being born long ago... this is how they experienced the magic of Christmas.  I love this time of year for it truly is magical and wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment