Sunday, February 16, 2014

Yes, I'm still alive!

Ugh! I hate getting behind on my blog!  So…. here's what the rest of our November looked like:
My mom got to come into town for my brother, Brad's wedding! It had been a year and a half since I saw her last, and so this was really exciting, to say the least.
Many of my out-of-town siblings also came to Arizona for the wedding, and so we all got together for Thanksgiving.  It was so much fun being crammed into my little house with all the people I love.  And Ryan's deep fried turkey was, yet again, amazing (along with all the other food)!
In preparations for the wedding, all the girls got pedicures, and got to know Emy a little better. She is so sweet, and we are happy she joined our family.  A lot of hands helped in the setting up and decorating of the reception, and I was extremely thankful.  The wedding day was beautiful, and I am happy I could witness their sweet sealing.  Congrats Brad and Emy!
Flower girls:
 The ring bearers standing so patiently next to the newlyweds:
My mom had a cardboard cutout of my dad made so that he too could be present at the wedding.  It was such good quality, that I found myself trying to talk to him throughout the night… 
 This was the first time my mom met Tye, and he just turned 1!  My boys loved having Grandma Reeves around. I especially love the picture below of Van falling asleep on her lap during church.  It was easier to say goodbye, knowing full well that she will be back soon.  We can't wait for them to be home for good!!
I am so thankful for these events in our lives that bring us together as a family.  I'm grateful for love, family, fun, tradition, tender moments, joy, and the knowledge I have that families can be together forever, because I don't know what I would do without mine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment