Friday, September 27, 2013

Halloween Wreath

Thanks to Pinterest, I decided to make this DARLING Halloween wreath.... It was super cheap and easy!!

Supplies:
From Michael's I purchased the following: 
14" twig wreath- I believe it was $1.99 (can't find my receipt!)
16 sheets of felt- .26 cents each ($4.16)-Hobby Lobby did not have the color I liked
Ribbon (maybe $3?? but I only used a portion of it!)

At home I had a hot glue gun, and I gathered small sticks in the backyard for the witch's broom. I used the ribbon spool as one round object, and grabbed a lid as my other round object (I found that it's best to have 2-3 different sized circles). Last, I used a marker fairly close in color to my felt, and a pair of scissors.
First, trace circles onto your felt. Be sure to squeeze as many as you can onto the felt. Once all circles are traced, cut out circles, and then cut a spiral shape as shown below (cutting 2 at a time makes the process much quicker!):
Once cut, start from the outer edge and roll towards the center:
Here's how the flower should look:
Glue them onto the wreath, add ribbon, and anything else you'd like (I did a broom), and voila!  The finished product:  
Happy Halloween crafting, and thanks again Pinterest!

2 comments: